Apr 17, 2007

always fun

Lets see yesterday I did a basic strength work out with the specific instructions not to do any leg exercises - just a bit of easy cardio to warm up, upper body circuit, some shoulder stuff Col suggested, and abs. I was still feeling kind of run down and sore from the weekend so I took it easy.
This morning I swam the planned 2500 yrds in 55:40 - 300 warm up, 600, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, 100 cool down. I felt like I had a good amount of energy though out the entire work out and the pool felt great. My shoulder was tired from doing the strength exercises so from the beginning it was sore which caused me to use the pull buoy more than I should have. It is so weird I'm able to control my stroke way more when I use it and can keep my shoulder from hurting - I don't really understand it but whatever I was able to finish the work out. I kept my pace right at 2 min 100yrds even though the longer sets - and the last 50 yrds of each I pushed myself to go faster.
Tonight I run 4 miles - I'm just hoping the predicted lightening and rain hold off till after I finish...

No comments: