Mar 15, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Dash - 2009

-Meryl Schenker/Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Kyle, our friend Cynthia and I braved the snow and rain to run the annual St. Patrick's Day Dash. they changed the course this year so we did not get to run across the viaduct but we did get to run with 7,000+ other crazy people out running in the cold. Kyle and with the help of my very creative mom dressed up a little bit. She made me a skirt from a old t-shirt she found that said "Feeling Lucky" and she made Kyle a custom running kilt (in 2 days!).

I'm glad it was a short race because I pretty much did not do anything right. Well I prepped correctly but once we got to the event with the crazy weather I did not do a real warm up, forgot to eat a gel right before the start, went out to hard and spent the 1st mile and half recovering from that. The last 2 miles were ok sub 8 m/miles but my legs felt stiff. I barely even kicked into the finish and then jogged straight for the clothes check - I was soaking wet and cold.

Final numbers
distance: 3.75 miles
time: 31:04
pace: 8:17
overall place: 753 out of 7233
division place: 36 out of 755 - not bad for such a big race :)
gender place: 154 out of 3813

That being said I had a great time getting out and running in such a big race with so many people all dressed up. At least I now remember all the things to do pre race so I can do better next week on a longer race.

6 comments:

JC said...

Good job and LOVE the outfit!!!

NW Firefly said...

Congrats on doing as well as you did. Your skirt looks 3" longer once it was wet. LOL. Both you guys look so cute.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting me tag along Mac! Tad bit chilly, but I'm glad we braved the elements to make it happen. Cheers!

Marci said...

Nice job.... lovin your cute little outfit :)

Sarah said...

LOVE LOVE the outfit!!! That's great! And great job on the race - it's so much harder to run fast when you're cold.

Jen said...

Looks like fun! I love your Snoygrl Eats Blog. What a great idea!