Apr 3, 2007

evening brick

The weather held out so I held my plan and did both my workouts back to back. First I road 16 miles out and back from my house which included going down a steep hill to start and coming back up one on the way back. My legs felt kind of stiff and heavy the first couple of miles buy seemed to loosen up. There was a head wind on the way out which made it more challenging. Then I headed back and decided to climb the hill that goes next to 520 - it used to always kill me - today it was easy I did not even go all the way down on my gears. I did 16 miles in 56:45 :)
This was only the 3rd time I have be out on my new bike and I need a few things tweaked. My left wrist really hurts - kind of radiating up from my thumb. I think I just need to adjust where the shifters are - maybe just rolled down so I can straighten my wrist a little more. Also I don't like my saddle - it was painful esp when I tried to go down in the drops or on my aero bars. So I will be calling SVC to see if I can exchange it or something.
Anyway I got back home and did a quick change of clothes and headed out on a 4 mile run. I felt good - it was great to be already warmed up. It was a mostly uneventful run just aimed at maintaining about a 9 min mile pace which I did - finished the 4 miles in 35:25. About half way though I had a knot in my left calf but I was able to just run through it and it loosened up. When I finished I made sure to really stretch out my legs - which seeme dto help as well.
Ok I'm fading fast - off to bed I go.

No comments: