Jan 21, 2007

500 TT

I took yesterday off and just worked and had acupuncture to help relax and ease the pain if my right IT band. I had planned on swimming and biking but did neither :(
Today I had to work most of the day as well. I was super jealous kyle and Col went for a run and because of work and my IT band I could not go run to :( Luckily they were both ok with going swimming in the evening with me :)

warm up 300
drills 200
50 w/ pull
100
150 w/ pull
200
500 TT - 10.35
250 w/ pull
200
150 w/ pull
100
50 w/ pull
cool down 100

I was a little bummed by my 500 time since it is the same as last time - but last time I only swam 700 or so before and this time I swam 1100 before. My endurance has improved leaps and bounds. I only need 15 sec rests between longer sets and I am swimming longer distances consistently. Yeah I may not be any faster but I'm training for an Ironman not a sprint and it is only January I still have tons of time.
Other than that I felt pretty good _ mostly I just enjoyed getting away from work for a bit and working out with Kyle and Col - they are both an insperation. My legs cramped when I used the pull buoy but mostly felt ok. I made sure to strech them while they were warm to help get them back to normal.

No comments: