May 2, 2007

a little of everything

Last night Bryan was nice enough to let me tag along with him on a just under 4 mile run around greelake. My plan was to do some pick ups through out but since Bryan runs faster than me I just tried to keep up with him - so the entire run was at a faster pace than I usually average which forced me to work a bit harder than normal. My calves were still kind of tight but my foot never hurt since we were running on dirt/gravel instead of sidewalks. I finished in 31:59 - which I was happy with.
This morning I got myself out of a bed a bit late and went to the pool for a 2800 yrds swim. I felt a little tired but had a gel and got to it.. 400 warm up, 600 x 2, 100, 400, 300, 200, 100, 100 cool down. I was kind of tired after the 600 x 2 but nothing to bad and no shoulder pain :)
This evening I made it out for a bike ride before the rain hit - I did 16 miles in just under an hour with one steep climb back up to the house. I found that it is really boring riding alone - even for only an hour.
The really annoying this is that my never ending issue with planter fasciitis on the ball of my right foot - it seems to act up right before races - when I have been increasing the mileage I guess. Hopefully it will calm down before Sunday... I see some ice and a tennis ball in my foots future.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Do you swim at the Greenlake Pool? I just started w/the 5am Masters group. Will prob do Mon & Wednes with them... if I can keep getting up that early ;)