Oct 10, 2006

back on the bike

I missed spinning class but I did 45 min on the trainer and it felt great. I took it easy and just tried to be consistent and smooth. My left leg/knee felt great no pain what so ever :) The only thing was that my right foot did hurt a little bit, but I did run this morning so I think that had more to do with that. Maybe I should have put a superfeet footbed in my bike shoes too.
On another note I put my ski boots on for the first time since spring, mostly to see if my foot would hurt.. and it did a bit when I put the boot on the inside edge, the other thing was that my calf seems smaller or bonier and it kind of hurts when I press down on the front of the boot. So all this is a bit iffy considering I have a coaching camp this weekend where I need to be on top of things.

2 comments:

colleen said...

Good job on the bike ride, I am glad you didn't have any knee pain :) Yes, you should try the inserts in your biking shoes as well. As for the ski boots.... hmm thats more your dept but as I recall my shins always were sensitive with leaning forward into the boot. If the inserts fit or you boot isn't customized you could try an insert here too...

colleen said...

good job on the bike, I'm glad your knee didn't hurt. Yes, you should try the inserts in your biking shoes as well. As for the ski boot this is more your dept but you could try the insert there too if your boot isn't already customized to your foot. As I recall my ski boots always felt a bit sensitive on the shins with leaning forward. You may have more muscular calfs from all the running you have been doing and changed the fit of your boots?