Oct 10, 2006

4 mile run & distal plantar fascitis

I started the morning with a 4 mile run on the treadmill with 5 x 1 min sprints sprints in 35:35 min.I felt great, my quad felt great, my foot hurt only a little while I was running (it hurts more now). Then I stretched out and did upper body weights and core exercise.
I had a appointment with a podiatrist at the pro club - Dr. Adad after my run.. And he diagnosed my foot pain as plantar fascists. He said that it was not to bad and that with 2 weeks of rest and pt I should be fine. (Hopefully) The hardest thing is that he said no running for 2 weeks and then Colleen added no flip flops (which is probably harder on me than no running lol).
So I'm staying optimistic and I am very aware that this is the time to deal with these issues and not later. Which is really important since one of my main goals is to stay healthy..

No comments: