Mar 14, 2007

three days

Lets see Tuesday I did the mountain conditioning class - I was not super motivated by it - we mostly did step ups, squats, some lunges, a bunch of abs stuff, and a few stairs. On Tuesdays they have a conflict of locations so the instructor just told half the group to go do some cardio while he worked with the other group on form.. I just went and stretched.
In the evening I ran with col and piper dog on a 4.5 mile loop around/near greenlake in about 42 minutes. It was way more cold than I expected - it took about a mile or more to really warm up. We went up and down the hill by the zoo + the outside loop of the lake. I felt mostly ok, my legs were a tad heavy from the stuff in the morning and my calves got tight while running down the hill by the zoo.
The fun part was chatting about Hawaii - she warned me that we would need to accelerate the training plan so that I will be more than ready for the half iron race in June vs July. I'm finally looking at getting a heart rate monitor - I had given up since I have not been able to find one that works with a mac :( So I'm giving in and I just need to get one. I still have to figure out which one I want to get...
Yesterday morning I felt kind of tired but still managed to get to the 6 am spin class. I just fallowed along with the class - 3 long intervals with increasing resistance. It took me a while to warm/wake up - once I did I felt good.
Last night I took a nap when I got home from work - only planned on 30 min but was more like an hour - then I dragged myself to the pool around 8:30p. It was rather nice actually the pool was not crowded and I had my own lane the entire time - which gave me tons of time to work on my flip turns. I did 400 warm up, 300, 200, 100, 100, 200, 300, 400, 100 cool down for a total of 2100 yrds in about 45 minutes. I did flip turns almost the entire time - still think it is slower but it sure makes it feel easier to do longer sets and just keep going - less stop and go type of stuff.
This morning I was rather tired even though I went to bed right after I got home from swimming. I got to the gym around 5:10ish and did some warm up cardio. I found out that the mt class had a substitute instructor and I was really just not interested in going so I did some more cardio and my own thing like core, some squats, and some of the pt exercises for my foot stuff. then preceded to go back home sleep another 30 minutes till I had to get up and go to work. I'm looking forward to tomorrow - my rest day...

No comments: