Mar 3, 2007

swim + run

This morning I got Kyle to go swimming with me. We got there later than I would have liked - the pool area was filled with kids.. Luckily we got an empty lane that we shared. Kyle's goes was to swim fast - mine was to just swim at a moderate pace and work on my flip turns. So I did 400 warm up, 100 drills, 300, 200 x 2, 100 x 3, 50 x 4, 200 x 2 with flip turns, 100 cool down for a total of 2200 yrds in about 55 min (including all rests). I felt a little tired from the start and my legs are still a bit sore from Thursday still - my legs felt like they were sinking a bit more than normal and I could feel the soreness in my quads every time I pushed off the wall. My left shoulder hurt a bit more than normal as well - esp when I was not using the pull buoy when I could really focus on my form rather than not sinking. I'm way slower when I do flip turns - I seem to stall when I have to turn over from my back - or I flip to deep - or I miss the wall - or get water up my nose. lol Oh well I'll just keep practicing them a bit every time I swim and hopefully someday I'll feel good enough to be able to do them during my main sets and not mess me up..
Later in the afternoon I went and did a run. It took a bit to get myself out the door - kyle had to push me out (well not literally). I just did not feel much like running. Once I got started I did enjoy getting out side - the rain had stopped and it was rather nice out. Anyway I did it - I went out into Microsoft land and ran out and back from the house for a total of 7.3 miles in 65 min. It is mostly flat with only some gradual hills which was perfect for my energy level. I must have worn to much - I was to warm the entire time. I have been working on being able to eat better/easier mid run and today I was able to get a gel down in about 5 min or so (has usually taken me 20+ min). I carried some water with me which seemed to help get it down. Otherwise the run went well - a little tightness/soreness in the legs and feet but nothing to bad. Afterwards I spent some time streching out and used the tennis ball on my feet.

No comments: