Feb 27, 2007

is it hot in here

Last night I went and ran 2 miles on the treadmill to test how my foot was doing and I had no pain :) My legs were sore from the bruising from my fall on Sunday but other wise it felt pretty good. I ran at a 7:30 mile pace even - I love being able to see my pace and then force myself to run faster it is one of the very few redeeming qualities of treadmills. Afterwards I did a bunch of the pt exercises and stretched out my legs really well. I also added in some pull ups and triceps dips for good measure.
This morning I ran on the treadmill again since it was super cold outside and I did not want to risk my muscles getting to tight. I ran 4 miles in 34 minutes then walked another mile with an incline of 6% (whatever that means). The entire time I felt like I had a fever or was just way to warm - around the end of mile 3 I started getting dizzy from it and hence I walked a mile. It was super weird. I still decide to do 20 min of stairs - sort of in training for the Big Climb in a couple weeks. Again I was way overly warm and I was sweating more than usual. I was glad to finish and stretched out my legs and calves. My foot is a tiny bit achy but nothing some time with a tennis ball can't fix and nothing compared to last week :)

No comments: