Feb 20, 2008

Is there a balance

First a recap of my training - been running 3 days a week, swimming twice a week and spinning 1-2 days a week. I have also been doing pilates twice a week - which has helped a lot with my shoulder and my overall core strength. I feel on track for mercer island half marathon in a couple weeks.
Last weekend I was in California to visit my Dad and was lucky enough to run in sunny 70 degree weather - it was so wonderful not having to wear a million layers. Since I did not really know the area my route was all over the place. The first mile and a half was straight up hill on pretty rough trail which made the rest of the run more difficult.
Even so I ran 8 miles in 1:11 which I was happy with esp with the extra time I had to take to figure out where to go.

Now on to my struggle balancing how to fit in everything I want to in a day or even a week. The while work, life and training balance is becoming harder then ever. Last year I let a lot of things slip to focus on training for Ironman but I can't do that again it made a lot of things worse later. Also I don't want to; my career and life are also important to me. I guess I just feel overwhelmed right now. It is not that I don't want to train - I do - I love how it makes me feel and helps me handle the stress that is in the rest of my life. At the same time it does not help me have time to do all the other things that I need or want to do. I feel like things are slipping through the cracks - even tri related stuff. I even need to get a bunch of design stuff done for tri-style but I never have enough time. Like tonight I could not do the run off the bike like I was suppose dto because I did not get on my bike till 9:30pm and sorry but 11:00pm is to late to go run especially 2 miles by myself in the dark.. I know this is a challenge for a lot of age group triathlets. I'm sure I will figure something out but right now it is difficult.

No comments: