On my run today I was thinking about how much I did and how far I have come in one year. I don't think I would recommend it to anyone but I am proud of what I was able to accomplish in 2007. So to end the year off I though I would recap my favorite experiences, lessons, and of course gear of my year of so much change.
First off I have to say that I was very lucky to have so much support from Kyle who had more confidence in me that I did most days. And of course my family and friends for putting up with me.
I have to give credit where credit is due - I was able to archive so much this year thanks to the help of my great coach Colleen - who pushed me and kept me in check when I needed it. She helped me in so many ways it is hard to even start to explain how thankful I am.
- Biked over 100 miles and faster than 14 mph ("if that" Kyle says)
- I "loved" the long training rides with the crew esp a 90 mile ride in Eastern Washington after 3 flat tires I still had energy and beat the guys up the last few hills
- Really learned how to swim
- Can run more than 3 miles
- Can run down hills with out pain in my calves
- Ran 2 marathons (1st one in an Ironman, then did the Nike Marathon)
- Finished first half Ironman distance event - Hawaii 70.3
- Finished Ironman Canada in 13:50
- lost 15 lbs :)
Lessons to remember
- I can keep going even if it hurts - Just keep moving
- Salt, gels, and water are very very important
- I can keep up with the group
- Believing you can do something is the most important thing
- It takes a while to recover from events so don't feel bad about still being tired 3 weeks after a race
- Cervelo R3 Bike - still feels like a race car and loves to climb
- Garmin Forerunner 305 - always know your mileage/time/pace/location so you can just go run and don't have to plan as much
- Anything Sugoi - Fizz tank, Jackie knicker, zap vest, hydrolite jacket, tri shorty shorts, ect - their clothes just fit me, you can use most pieces for both running and biking, and I love the fabrics and colors
- BBB Carbon Race Ribbons Bicycle Handlebar Tape BHT-04 in white - it is super easy to keep clean
- Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX Tire in white - just looks cool ;)
- Training Peaks - keeps everything in order
- Blueseventy Helix Sleveless wetsuit
- Tri-style changing Skirt - best way to change out of wet bottoms
- Fuel Belt Helium 2 bottle belt - most comfortable belt, does not move
- Speedo spliced swimsuit
Favorite Nutrition stuff (a very personal thing)
- Accelerade Lemonaid with Caffeine
- Accelerade chocolate gels
- Powerbar recovery chocolate shake
- Thermolyte sodium supplement
- Luna Moons Energy Chews-Pomegranate
- Edurox R4 Recovery drink powder Lemon Lime
It is crazy to think that last year I barely knew how to run, bike or swim and now that is all I do (well not really but at least now I sort of know what I'm doing).
I think that covers most of it - if I think of something else I will just add it in later :) Next up will be my 2008 goals...